Sunday, June 2, 2013

Song - Ağacda alma

Another xalq mahnısı that I promised Nigar I would translate. So, here goes.

Ağacda alma

The apples in the tree

Ağacda alma, dərrəm sataram,
Bir saçı burma hardan taparam?

I will pick apples that I can sell,
Where will I find a ringlet of hair?





Nəq.:
Ay haray, yar əlindən, o qara tellərindən,
Əqər izin versən, öpərəm gözlərindən.

Oh, my love, from your hand, your dark locks,
If you permit me, I would place a chaste kiss on your brow.

Bağlarda çicək, dərrəm, sataram,
Bir üzü göyçək hardan taparam?

In the garden I pick blossoms to sell,
Where will I find a beautiful face?

Bazarda püstə allam sataram,
Bir boyu bəstə hardan taparam.

In the bazaar I find pistachios to sell,
Where will I find a slender girl?

Rashid Behbudov sings it here.

No comments: