Saturday, June 16, 2012

Qəmgin mahnı - Sad song

I fell in love with the music (played by the incomparable Çinqiz Sadıxov) before I heard the lyrics or even the title. It was such sad music, it would always make me want to cry. And guess what? That's what it's called - Sad song! I found a version of  it on Youtube sung by Şovkət Ələkbərova. Exceptionally beautiful rendition. Music by that genius Tofiq Quliyev. Words by Zeynal Cabbarzadə. Unfortunately the link to Youtube has been taken down due to copyright infringement.

Found another link. Let's hope it stays so the world can enjoy this beautiful song and grow in their understanding of Azerbaijan's rich musical culture.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2399923203657

Qəmgin mahnı Sad song

Mən çox gün görmədim 
Bil ki, dünyada... 
Ah, nə dərdə düşdüm 
Cavanlıqda mən... 
For a long time I haven't seen
What there is in the world...
Oh, I had misfortune
In my youth...

Hər gülün rəngini 
Salıram yada, mən yada... 
Ağlaya-ağlaya... 
Ağlaya-ağlaya... 
Qaranlıqda mən... 
All the colors of flowers
I try to recall, I try...
I am crying...
I am crying...
In the darkness...

Bax, gəlib ilk bahar, 
Qaynayır sular... 
Gör, nələr söyləyir 
Quşların səsi... 
Look, an early spring has come,
Waters are warming...
Listen to what the song of the birds
Is telling you...

Ürəyimdə şirin 
Ən xoş arzular, arzular... 
Dilimdən düşməyir,
Dilimdən düşməyir,
Sevgi nəğməsi...
In my heart 
Are such sweet hopes of happiness...
That I can't stop singing,
A song of love...

No comments: