Sunday, March 27, 2011

Gəncədən gəlirəm

Gəncədən gəlirəm – I am coming from Ganca

Söz: Ə. Cavad / I recommend Azər Zeynalov’s version of this song. Not sure what the lyrics mean, but he does seem to have a lot of girlfriends! My translation is a very literal translation, so you can interpret it as you wish!

Gəncədən gəlirəm, yüküm xurmadı, - I am coming from Ganca with a load of xurma
Gəncənin yolları burma, burmadı. – Along Ganca’s winding road
Gəncədə bir qız var, teli durnadı, - In Ganca there is a girl, the fringe of her hair is like a crane’s
Günəşə sən çıxma, mən çıxım deyir! – She says to the sun – don’t rise, let me rise instead!


Gəncədən gəlirəm, yüküm çiçəkdi, - I am coming from Ganca, with a load of blossoms
Gəncənin gülləri ləçək-ləçəkdi, - Ganca’s flowers are many-petalled
Gəncədə bir qız var, adı Çiçəkdi, - In Ganca there is a girl named Çiçək
Quşlara sən uçma, mən uçum deyir! – She says to the birds – don’t fly, let me fly instead!


Gəncədən gəlirəm, malım nə maldı, - I am coming from Ganca with all kinds of stuff
Gəncədən aldığım ipəkdi, şaldı. – The things I’ve brought from Ganca are silk, are shawls
Gəncədə bir qız var, adı Maraldı, - In Ganca there is a girl, named Maral
Ceyrana sən qaçma, mən qaçım deyir! – She says to the gazelles – don
’t run, let me run instead!


Gəncədən gəlirəm, yüküm xınadı,- I am coming from Ganca with a load of henna
Könlüm dəli quşu ona qonadı. – My soul is a crazy bird that has perched on her
Gəncədə bir qız var, adı Sonadı, - In Ganca there is a girl named Sona
Sulara sən axma, mən axım deyir! – She says to the water – don’t flow, let me flow instead!


Gəncədən gəlirəm, sözə bənd olub, - I am coming from Ganca, I have lost my heart to you
Gəncənin meyvəsi şəkər, qənd olub. – Ganca’s fruit are sweet like sugar
Gəncədə bir qıza gözüm bənd olub, - In Ganca my eyes have fallen in love with a girl
Cavada sən baxma, mən baxım deyir! – She says to me – don’t you look, let me look instead!

No comments: