Sunday, December 23, 2012

United Aid for Azerbaijan - social campaign

UAFA has produced a wonderful video to promote disability awareness in Azerbaijan. The video has subtitles in Azerbaijani. See if you can follow it.

I have written out the text below and follow it with my translation. I hope I've got everything correct. Let me know if there are errors please!






Hələ də qüsurla doğulan uşaqlar valideynləri tərəfindən imtina edilir, uşaq evlərinə atılır və ya cəmiyyətdən gizlədilirlər.

Children born with a defect are still being rejected by their parents, thrown into children's homes, and hidden from society.

Əlilliyi olan insanlar cəmiyyətdən təcrid olunur, iş tapmaqda, təhsil almaqda, cəmiyyətə inteqrasiya etməkdə çətinliklərlə üzləşirlər.

People with disabilities are being isolated from society, and face difficulties in finding work, getting an education, and integrating into society

İndi isə onlar bir vətəndaş kimi sənə müraciət edirlər. Sən bu müraciətə dəstəklə yaxud laqeydliklə cavab erə bilərsən. SEÇİM SƏNİNDİR.

And now they are addressing you as a fellow citizen. You can answer their appeal with support or with indifference. THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

Mən də parta arxasında oturmaq istəyirəm. Bizim kimi uşaqlara şərait yaradın.

I too want to sit behind a desk. Create the proper conditions for children like us.

Mən əlillimi deyil, bacarıq və qabiliyyətimi qiymətləndirən bir münasibət istəyirəm.

I am not an invalid, I want an attitude that values my abilities.

Əlillər adətən cəmiyyətdə təcrid olunurlar. Cəmiyyətdə olduğumuz yerdə deyil, lazım və layiq yerdə olmaq istəyirik.

People with disabilities are usually isolated from society. We don't have a place in society, but we want and need an appropriate place.

Mənim davranışıma təəccüblə baxma. Bu mənim ünsiyyət qurmaq üçün yeganə vasitəmdir.

Don't look with surprise at my behavior [sign language]. This is the only way that I can communicate.

Sivil cəmiyyət insanlara bərabər imkanlar təqdim edir. Bizədə şərait yardın ki, cəmiyyətə öz töhfəmizi verək.

Civilized society presents equal opportunities to people. Create the conditions for us, and we will give our gifts to society.

Hər hansı bir sahədə uğurlar əldə etmək üçün əlillik baryer deyil.

Disabilities are not a barrier to finding success in any area.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm only a learner too, but your translation looks really good to me.

It's great that such a promo video was made :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Colleen for posting this video, however the translation is under the video on youtube :)))