Saturday, July 26, 2008

-miş past

This tense is used for events that have occurred in the past and are significant to the present. Using this tense suggests that you do not have direct knowledge of the event, but heard about it secondhand.

In spoken language, this is what the miş-past looks like this (using gəlmək as the example):



Examples of sentences using gəlmək (to come) that would use this tense: I have come here so many times; You have come here before?; He has come all the way from New York.

Let's look at other verbs.


3 comments:

Ayinde The Artist said...

salam, mənim adım Cırmeyndir, that is Jermain in English, and I am an English speaker. I am trying to learn Azeri. Would you recommend anything for me, such as online class or resources. I work in Baku for an oil and gas company, on 28 day rotation. I really want to learn the language. çox sağ, for any help you can give.

Prof Coline said...

I will post today about some of the dictionaries and other resources that I have found useful. I would be very interested in getting a conversational group started in Baku.

Kiki said...

Hello.I can help you to learn my native language