Sunday, April 15, 2012

Reader Request - "Words Within Sentences ++"

More questions from a reader named Ross. I will double-check these with Azerbaijani colleagues on Monday. Changes are now noted below. I will leave my mistakes for instructional purposes!



Words within sentences

That's why I did it.
Mən bunu ona görə etdim.  

Because the stove was hot, I didn't touch it.
Mən sobaya əl vurmadım çünki o isti idi.

She told me what they said.
O mənə dedi, nə onlar dedilər.  O mənə onların nə dediyini söylədi.
 
The purple pencil is the one which/that I used.
Bənövşəyi karandaş, mənim istifadə etdiyimdir.

Rufat is the man who/that introduced us.
Bizi tanış edən kişi Rufatdır.

I was afraid when crossing the street.
Kücəni keçəndə mən qorxdum.

Badamdar is where my friend lives.
Badamdar, ora harada ki, dostum yaşayır. Mənim dostum Badamdarda yaşayır.

I don't know how many people are in her family.
Onun ailədə neçə adam var, mən bilmirəm. Onun ailəsində neçə adam olduğunu, mən bilmirəm. (Mən bilmirəm ki, onun ailəsində neçə adam var.)

I will show you how to make plov.
Necə plov bişirmək, mən sənə düzəltəcəyəm. Mən sənə plovun necə bişirildiyini görtərəcəyəm.

now, always, often, seldom - indi, həmişə, tez-tez, hərdənbir

today, yesterday, tomorrow - bu gün, dünən, sabah

either, neither, both, each - hər hansı biri, heç biri (heç kim), hər ikisi (hər iki)

and, or, but, either... or, neither... nor - və, və ya (statements)/yoxsa (questions), ya... ya..., nə... nədə...

more, most, less, least, than, -er, -est, like, as... as - daha, ən, daha az, ən az, dan/dən, kimi/belə,

And more feli baglama! OK!

No comments: