Sunday, September 9, 2012

Colleen and Aynur at the Hair Salon

I am helping a young Azerbaijani friend learn English. Aynur works at a hair salon near my house. She is very interested in English and tries very hard. Perhaps she'll do a recording with me next time I see her and I can post it here with her permission. For now, here is a text and a translation.





Salam.
Salam. Xoş gəlmisiniz.
Çox sağ olun.
Sən saç kəsməyi bacarırsan?
Bəli. Mən yaxşı saç kəsə bilirəm.
Yaxşı.
Zəhmət olmasa əyləşin. Çay istəyirsiz?
Bəli, zəhmət olmasa.
Bir saniyə.
Buyurun.
Çox sağ ol.
Diqqətli olun. Çay çox istidir.
Qənd istəyirsiz?
Bəli. Zəhmət olmasa.
Buyurun.
Mənimlə gələ bilərsiz? Saçlarınız yuyulmalıdır.
Su isti deyilmi?
Yox. Yaxşıdır.
Əla.
İndi mənimlə gəlin. Burda əyləşin.

Hi.
Hello. Welcome.
Thanks.
Can you give me a haircut?
Sure. I can give you a good haircut.
Good.
Please sit down. Would you like some tea?
Yes please.
Just a sec.
Here you go.
Thanks.
Be careful. The tea is very hot.
Would you like some sugar?
Yes please.
Here you go.
Can you come with me? Your hair has to be washed.
Is this water too hot?
No. It's OK.
Great.
Now come with me. Sit here.

No comments: