Sunday, September 9, 2012

Colleen and Aynur Talk about the Birthday Party

Another short dialog with translation.
I make quite a few mistakes in this dialog. My friend Nigar will help me with a new recording tomorrow. See if you can spot the mistakes that foreigners typically make when speaking Azerbaijani. Tomorrow I'll post a new and improved version.









Dünən mən ad günündə idim.
Necə hiss elədin özünü?
Mən çox yaxşı idim. Ora çox yaxşı idi.
Kimin ad günü idi?
Mənim qohumumun ad günü idi.
Onun neçə yaşı var idi?
Onun bir yaşı var.
Orda tort var idi?
Bəli. Ancaq balaca tort var idi.
Neçə nəfər var idi ki?
Təxminən 50 nəfər.
Sən neçə saat oldun orda.
Dörd saat. Saat yeddidə işdən çıxmışam. Saat on birdə evdə idim.
Sən ev tapşırığını hazırlamısan?
Yox.
Eybi yox.

Yesterday I went to a birthday party.
Did you have fun?
I had a lot of fun. It was great.
Whose birthday was it?
It was my cousin's birthday.
How old was he?
He's one.
Was there a cake?
Yeah. Just a little one.
How many people were there?
Around 50 people.
How long did you stay there?
Four hours. At 7 o'clock I left work. By 11 o'clock I was home.
Did you do your homework?
No.
No problem.


No comments: