Saturday, May 28, 2011

Feli bağlama -əndə

Feli bağlama are verb suffixes that create new verbal relationships. There are many feli bağlama in Azerbaijani. Verbal suffixes can change the meaning of a verb and its relationship to the second verb in a sentence. These are a bit difficult but very useful.


-əndə - meaning "when" 
The two verbs take place at the same time or close to the same time. This verb suffix is very common in spoken Azerbaijani. It is probably the easiest verb suffix to learn.

Dünən məktəbdən çıxanda onu gördüm. I saw him yesterday as I left school.
O danışanda hamı qulaq asır. When he speaks everyone listens.


Mən xəstələnəndə həkimə gedirəm. When I am sick I go to the doctor.
Kamança çalanda mən şadam. I am happy when I am playing the kamancha.
Balconda aylaşanda mən rahatam. I am relaxed when I am sitting on the balcony.
Axşam yağıs yağanda zontik görtürdüm. I took an umbrella when it was raining last night.
Mən yorulanda bir saat yatdım. I slept for an hour because I was tired.
O piva İstəyəndə Finiqinza gedir. He goes to Finnegan's when he wants a beer.
O restorana gedəndə çoxlu pul aparıram. I bring a lot of money when I go to this restaurant.
O xəstələnəndə "C" vitamini içir. He takes vitamin C when he is sick.
Toyuq istəyəndə mən həmişə o dukandan alıram. I always buy chicken from this store.
Sən ofisdə çatanda mənə zəng elə. Give me a call when you arrive at the office.

No comments: